Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Accessorize your life



When the sun starts to beam and you are able to see it piercing through the skies, I start to get excited. It means my closest can be turned over from the fuzzy fall sweaters and winter shades of grey. I can start to pay attention to the brights, lights and lovely clothes, who I have missed dearly.
Like the flowers who have just showed face, my wardrobe in the summer needs a little bit of sunlight and water to grow. I go through my closet and figure out what I have and most importantly what fits well. Then I try to figure out ways I can reinvent my looks so my summer wardrobe is not the same as last year. In other words, I accessorize my life.

One way I do this is to select my favorite tank tops and blouses and find accessories which will compliment each piece. Then, this gives me an excuse to go shopping, I can see what looks I gravitate towards and determine ways I can spice them up.

For example, I have a Michael Stars high-low skirt which is a forest green and is super cute. It can be paired with practically anything. It is a "neutral" in it's own way. I wanted to make it a cute, night on the town look and found the perfect pair of wedges to wear with the skirt and then accessorized with leather bracelets, leather necklace and more leather. It is fun to mix this thicker type of fabric like leather in a summer look because it is not expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment